cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad v3.1, v4.0, v6.0, v8.0, v15.0 run with OpenJDK

Rouge
2-Guest

Hi, 

Are these versions able to run with OpenJDK instead of Oracle Java?   I am hoping that one is able to install the OpenJDK and then install the MathCad.  Please let me know if this has been tested and works.

I am not able to find any information on this site.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Rouge)

None of those versions are supported any longer.

Sales of all versions prior to MathCAD Prime 7 were halted at the end of 2021.

Hi,

These are the system requirements they include a 64 bit windows operating system?

System requirements

• 64-bit Windows 10 machine
  • 2 GB of hard disk space (600 MB for PTC Mathcad, 1.5 GB temporary space during installation)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
  • DVD drive (for physical media) or Internet connection (for download). Internet connection is required in both cases for license acquisition.
  • To view the PTC Mathcad Prime 8.0.0.0 Help system, your system must have one of the following browsers:
        • Google Chrome (all versions)
        • Internet Explorer 9 or later
        • Firefox 10 or later
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

For the versions 3.1 to 8.0 you need to specify if you refer to (real) Mathcad, or to (Mathcad) Prime.

If (real) Mathcad: None of those versions will install and/or run on modern 64-bit windows.

Success!
Luc

All these v3.1, v4.0, v8.0, are MathCAD Prime for sure.  I am new to this software; and we are trying to make sure we do not have Oracle Java install if at all possible.  If you can provide me any information; it will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi,

It is not necessary to install Oracle Java to use  Prime.

Cheers

Terry

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I don't think you should have problems in that case.

Top Tags