cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

2D plotting a single value...?

Donnis007
1-Newbie

2D plotting a single value...?

Hello everybody,

I have a very simple question: is it possible to add a point in a 2D plot as a single value representation, along with other function graphs? I mean, for example, I have a force diagram of a traction spring (a line) and I want to add a point of this diagram which will show the current parameters of the spring (force vs. dx). If I just add the current value of the force to the "y" axis of the diagram, I will get a horizontal line for that value... It has to be a simple way to represent just the point... but how?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Conrad

9 REPLIES 9
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Donnis007)

You can add markers on the x and y axis of graphs. you can also plot points. Have a look at the attached image.

Post a worksheet of the example.

Mike

I know I can use markers and that I can change the symbols for a graph, what I want is to have a graphical representation of a [a, f(a)] point, What I'm getting now is a diagram of f(a) over the whole x range (so a horizontal line, cause I have a single value for f(a)), meaning something like [x, f(a)]...

Basically, I want to get 2 single points instead of the 2 blue horizontal lines (please see attached picture).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Something like the attached?

Mike

Exactly. Do I have to use vector, as in your example?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Reply posted by Richard to my problem yesterday.

You don't need to. You could generate 2 matrices, one for X and one for Y. Or you can generate one matrix, with the X coordinates stored in the real part and the Y coordinates stored in the imaginary part. I personally prefer the one matrix approach because keeps all the coordinates in one place.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

If you are still struggling with the problem post a worksheet.

Mike

It's ok, I've got it now.

Thank you!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Costel Paiusi wrote:

It's ok, I've got it now.

Thank you!

Costel,

For completness and to aid other collabs with similar problems a worksheet or image should be provided with the solution.

Easier to follow steps in a worksheet than posts in hear.

Mike

MCADoverTrace.gif

jmG

Top Tags