cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

And now it crashes when I load my file...

JasonC
1-Newbie

And now it crashes when I load my file...

I recently migrated from Mathcad 15 to Prime3.

Not only does Prime 3 feel very sluggish, does some UI things funny, mixes huge and tiny fonts (plots), but I'm beginning to think it's as buggy as a Florida summer. Mathcad 15 was never this buggy nor was it sluggish. Is it time to look at Maple and Matlab?

It crashes whenever I load the attached file. Also see the screenshot of the crash message, and the logfile.

<sigh> If it weren't Friday afternoon I'd be really pissed...

7 REPLIES 7
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:JasonC)

Jason Cuadra wrote:

I recently migrated from Mathcad 15 to Prime3.

My god - why??? Do your old worksheets really convert satisfactory?

I agree with your remarks about Prime and its UI but as long as MC15 still is supported (if you can call it so) I won't think about switching to Mathematica or other SW - I would lose most of my work and had to begin from scratch.

It crashes whenever I load the attached file.

I could not reproduce that crash. The sheet loads as its supposed to. When I resaved it without any changes it increased in size. So I attach that saved file for whatever it may be worth.

BTW, I am using Prime3, WinXP SP3 (so its 32 bit) and just 1 GB of RAM.

If the problem persists I would suggest you open a call and report the error to PTC support.

Thanks, your file fixes it.

I ran into a bug in Minimize in Mcad15, so I decided to give the new Prime3 a try.

I'm keeping my old Mcad 15 files and not converting them. I will only use Prime3 on new stuff.

I'm running Windows 7 / 64 bit...

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Jason Cuadra wrote:

Thanks, your file fixes it.

Hmm, thats strange. See no reson why the file you posted should crash your machine and not mine.

I take it back, it crashed again.

Sheesh.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Jason Cuadra wrote:

I take it back, it crashed again.

Sheesh.

The one I sent back?

Simply on opening or did you do anything with/in the file?

I could not reproduce that crash too. Document fully calculated without any crashes.Tested on Mathcad Prime 3.0 and WinXP SP3 with 3Gb of RAM.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Jason,

I recommend you to contact with PTC's technical support by "Create a New Support Case": https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Announcements

Top Tags