cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Define discrete function

ptc-4908634
1-Newbie

Define discrete function

Dear MathCAD-Experts,

I've a for sure very simple question: How to define a discrete function? Please see the picture attached. I want to define the function c_W(phi_Wind) with discrete values. So for example c_W(30°) should be equal to 8.2 m/s.

Thank you very much for your help,

Muh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4908634)

I should have said "lookup", not "vlookup".

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Attach please the Mathcad Prime file!

See cspline and others some functions.

Please see attached

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

When you lookup the angle, what are you expecting as a return value?

8.2 m/s - I want to get vector for c_W(phi_wind) as defined in the table and in case of I'm addressing a specific angle (r_W(30°) I want to get the value that refers to this angle.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

See the vlookup function in the help.

With vlookup I can only search things in a vektor but I want to define a solution vector of a function!?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I should have said "lookup", not "vlookup".

Mmmh...it is one part of the solution. Thank you!

I tried to work with it, but in the following equations it does not work. When I enter c_W(phi_wind)= I want to get a vector with [9.1, 8.2, 10.1, 11.3, 10.3, 10.4, 11.5, 13.6, 12.3, 11.6, 10.6, 10.7]. Then the following things work. It is like the solution vector of a function, but I want to define the solution without formula.

Sorry, it was my mistake! It is wooooooooooooooorking. Thank you very much!

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

I would recommend writing a program with statement to select the correct values for each angle. You even add in a feature if 25 degree use 30 degree values. Hope this helps

I tried this in every imaginable way, but it seems that MathCAD does not allow that...

Top Tags