cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Explicitly evaluating a function doesn't work for me anymore.

ptc-4428295
1-Newbie

Explicitly evaluating a function doesn't work for me anymore.

math.png

I just upgraded from mathcad 13 to mathcad 15 and now i'm having this problem as you can see in the red box, it's explicit, so why is it adding the numbers together? In mathcad 13 both the equations in the red box give me the same result.

5 REPLIES 5

See more (correct):

expsum.png

Sorry, I just don't see what you did different? Take a look at this screenshot from mathcad 13... I can not do this in mathcad 15 and I just don't understand why. I have tried everything. It doesn't work. instead it just goes the result no matter what.

Untitled.png

Greg,
I don't have M13 right now, but based on your example I put together the attached. I think the explicit is M15 is much better than M13.

Reducing all prior functions could quckly become a real mess.

Thanks. I see what you're saying. Great example. Still, unfortunately there was nothing keeping you from getting that result that you personally preferred in M13.... however in M13 if you made M explicit as well, you would have got the result like you had in the bottom. Just proves my point that there is indeed LESS functionality to the explicit operator in M15. But I guess I will just have have come to terms with that. Thanks agian.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4428295)

Try changing the second definition of d like Valery has.

Mike

Top Tags