cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Function for equally spaced points

terryhendicott
21-Topaz I

Function for equally spaced points

Hi,

Function for evenly spaced points in Mathcad 11 or later.  Can easily be written for Prime.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

11 REPLIES 11

Nice, but you're forgetting those that use ORIGIN=1, and the poor Prime Express users.

LM_20190419_Unifspace.png

Mathcad 11 and Prime 4 files attached. They now contain the corrected version (see below). Thanks Terry!

Success!
Luc

Nice idea, Luc, but unfortunately it does not work in current versions of Mathcad (Mathcad 15)

B.png

Here is a workaround

B2.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Nice work-around. It does not work in Mathcad 11, however, like so many other things that work in one, but not in the other.

Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

Nice work-around. It does not work in Mathcad 11, however, like so many other things that work in one, but not in the other.

Luc

I guess it won't work in Prime Express, either, because local assignment means programming and is considered premium feature. But in Prime the workaround is not necessary anyway as your original approach works OK there and "max" is accepted as a valid function.

BTW, I guess I never would have thought of to create the vector the simple way you did - ingenious!

Hi,

The use of ORIGIN means that both limits of the range expression need ORIGIN in them.

Capture.PNG

Have not used the Mathcad 15 workround of Werner.

Cheers

Terry

You are completely right. Origin must be added to n as well.

Luc

ans-1.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ttokoro)

Where's the list of indexes...?

Luc

rgunwaldsen
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

But who really needs indices when its always ORIGIN..n+ORIGIN?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rgunwaldsen)

Ask Terry, he defined what the function should do...

Luc

Top Tags