cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad Sketch & tie it with calculations

strsthapa
6-Contributor

Mathcad Sketch & tie it with calculations

It would be great if Mathcad offers basic sketches which is always required in engineering calculations, with snapping options (grid, markups) along with tying the dimensions to the calculations. Sketches with the toggle option for transparent or opaque background would help in the documentation. Currently only option is using the PowerPoint saving as Png and inserting as picture in Mathcad (Which is involving and cumbersome). 

7 REPLIES 7
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:strsthapa)

A program called "Smart Sketch" once filled that role. It was a third party app that worked well with Mathcad versions prior to Prime.

strsthapa
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

thank you, I will post to the Mathcad ideas, but currently unable to post may be due to new account.

@strsthapa wrote:

thank you, I will post to the Mathcad ideas, but currently unable to post may be due to new account.

Your account must be linked to a sales order number or the like  in order for you to be allowed to post an idea there. PTC is only interested in paying customers.

Hi

Alibre Design Expert is a 3D software sketch program (not cheap) that can create 3D objects and produce 2D drawings of that 3D object.  It can be dimension driven by data in Excel spreadsheet cells.

It is easy to use Prime 9 to alter the cells in Excel following computations to change the 3D geometry to suit those Prime calculations.  You simply use READEXCEL and WRITEEXCEL commands to alter the cells.

Alibre Design is fundamentally 3D but uses sketches to create the 3D.  The sketches in 2D can be exported to many common drawing formats and also dimensionally controlled by excel.

Cheers

Terry

Hi,

Have just done some research with my version if Autocad and you can use a parametric dimensions driven by excel as well.  Therefore by Prime 9 by changing the excel cell values.

Cheers

Terry

Another feature that used to be available in "original" Mathcad-- a "live" sketch that changed when you changed the input values.

Announcements

Top Tags