cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad (V15 M030) Excel add-in - is there a manual?

Philip.Oakley
1-Newbie

Mathcad (V15 M030) Excel add-in - is there a manual?

I've downloaded the mathcad excel add-in for V15 M030 http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm, but can't find any instructions on its proper install and use.

Are there any proper manuals for it.

such as how to enable the add-in

how to insert a specific sheet as an add-in

how to select data ranges from excel, and how to export data to excel.

etc.

etc.

Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have now had it confirmed by PTC support that the add-in doesn't support Excel 2010 integration.

I've asked that they add a note to the downloads page to correctly indicate that limitation.

I didn't get / push for a response about the lack of a manual 😉

Philip

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

To clarify, this is for Windows 7 and for Excel 2010 Professional.

I am not sure Mathcad 15 supports Excel 2010, see here.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/159274#159274

Having said that other users have reported that they have had no issues.

What are you trying to use Excel for, embedded objects?

At the moment I'm trying to set it up for corporate use, so that if the central IT install Mathcad (using a process they define and I check), then the user gets the add-in automatically, and it's enabled, and there are instructions visible (e.g. on the 'help' tab) on how to use it, and allow folk to embed an existing mathcad sheet they have already generated into excel so that they can 'give it to management' (who can only cope with excel 😉 or to plot charts 'just like in excel' etc.

So mainly it's the catch 22 of getting started. In the older V11 add-in case there was a help file that told you how to install it, but it wasn't accessible until after you had installed it, and enabled the add-on then gone to the newly installed help menu to read how to do what you'd just done.!

So things like how to enable the excel add-in in Excel-2010 shouldn't require special googling. The availability of the mathcad add-in should be visible, e.g. customise the ribbon to add an icon - but how to get that pre-done...

Catch 22.

I have now had it confirmed by PTC support that the add-in doesn't support Excel 2010 integration.

I've asked that they add a note to the downloads page to correctly indicate that limitation.

I didn't get / push for a response about the lack of a manual 😉

Philip

Philip,

Here is a quote from PTC's technical support:

"The Excel add-in you’re referring to has not been developed by PTC but by PTC employees. Therefor there is unfortunately no official documentation or support for them."

I'm using Mathcad 15 and excel 2010, the add-in works well...There is a help file for the add-in.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5804603)

Well that is good to know. Do you have a copy of the help file?

pc li wrote:

...There is a help file for the add-in...

Where?

2014-04-04_154005.png

The last item, maybe this is what you want?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I don't see any help files for M15 and Excel compatibility.

Does the add-in menu on your computer look like the picture I posted?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

No. I have just released that my new work machine is not showing it.

Top Tags