cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad and Victory Day

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Mathcad and Victory Day

Хочу рассказать одну интересную историю в канун Дня Победы.
Sorry, for Google translator! May be somebody correct it!
I want to tell you an interesting story on the eve of Victory Day.
Была у меня первая книга про Mathcad с одним соавтором. На обложку мы поместили распечатанный на принтере (они назывались АЦПУ - алфовитно-цифровое печатающее устройство) крестиками и ноликами портрет Моны Лизы. Тогда (1990 г.) это было еще свежо и в диковинку.
I had my first book about Mathcad ( the title "From micro calculator to PC" - Mathcad for DOS) with one co-author. On the cover we put printed on the printer with crosses and toes a portrait of Mona Lisa. Then (1990) it was still fresh and in wonder.
Мой соавтор (а он прошел всю войну, был офицером-связистом) принес только что отпечатанную книгу домой и показал жене. Жена спросила: "Кто это!?". Он ответил: "Как кто - это Мона Лиза сиречь Джоконда!". Жена грозно воскликнула: "Какая такая Джоконда!? Это Райка - твоя радистка, с которой ты любовь на фронте крутил...". Скандал в благородном семействе!
My co-author (and he went through the whole 2-d World war, was a communications officer) brought the newly printed book home and showed his wife. His wife asked: "Who is this !?". He replied: "As who? - this is Mona Lisa or Gioconda!". The Wife threateningly exclaimed: "What is this Gioconda!? She is Raika - your radio operator, with whom you love the front twisted ...". Scandal in a noble family!
Соавтор - В. А. Хмелюк мне все это рассказал и показал Райкину фотографию, которую он хранил в тайне от жены. Сходство полнейшее. Ну не с портретом из Лувра, а с картинкой на обложке книги. Помню, эту картинку предложил сам Хмелюк. Имел ли он ввиду свою фронтовую подружку?
Co-author - V.A. Khmelyuk told me all this and showed Raika's photo, which he kept secret from his wife. The resemblance is uttermost. Well, not with a portrait from the Louvre, but with a picture on the cover of the book. I remember that this picture was suggested by Khmelyuk himself. Did he mean his war girlfriend?
Сейчас Владимира Аркадьевича уже нет в живых! Вечная слава героям!
Now Vladimir Arkadyevich is no longer alive! Eternal glory to the heroes!
Xmeluk.png
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags