cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PDF file formation from Prime 10 using Win 10

JohnArcher
8-Gravel

PDF file formation from Prime 10 using Win 10

Are there any file format rules about "Save as PDF or "Print to PDF? 

I generate 30 page workshheets with a few plots with many line styles and trace colors.

Very often the PDF conversion process ignores some colors and changes line styles.

Text and graphics are well spaced.

This has become an on and off case-file for some time and I am working with a PTC help agent in India.

On one occasion I removed all text and plots were perfect!  

We have no ideas about the problem.

Files will not be shared online:  Patent submission.

7 REPLIES 7

Apart from Primes export facility and the Microsoft Print to PDF driver you may try some other PDF printer drivers like CutePDF, Adobe PDF Print, FreePDF, doPDF, PDF24, 7-PDF, etc. A lot of them a free, others usually offer a trial period during which you can test the software.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

PDF995 is free as well.

BlueBeam is not free ($260), but we use it at my place of employment and it's a full-featured replacement for Acrobat Pro.  It also has a free trial.

Sorry for the delay in responding to all kind enough to reply; we had a tornado in Indiana and many tall trees were broken on our 24acres. I am 88 and not as fast as I used to be!!!

I plot a few responses with up to four colour choices and line styles. Only " Print to Cute retains all line styles but prints some colors Black.

"Save as PDF and "Print to Mictrosoft PDF drop colors and change a line style.

I need various line styles because the Patent Office does not publish colors in distributions; this is not my first patent.

I have tried spelling color the English way but it did not help!

The problem seems to exist in Mathcad Prime 10. I have not tried Prime 9.

I have been working with Kalash M. in India using my SCNumber help process. He has been helpful and patient, removing all files from his PC as asked. Patent Office rules stictly control viewing any disckosure, 

I have spent many years of my life working on thihgs that I cannot discuss and this disclosure may join the group.

Can PTC provide secure help?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JohnArcher)

I assume Kalash M. noticed the same trouble with your files as you did, so the problem is not your installation of Prime.

You could create - just a - worksheet that contains (lorem ipsum) text and plots with the kind of features that you need and the traces on them can be simple functions like x^2, sin(x), tanh(x), etc...

That way you need not disclose anything regarding your patent.

Success!
Luc

Thankyou Luc. I had reloaded Prime 10 and this did not help, so I assumed it was a more basic problem.

This former "limey's"" last full time work was in a Navy lab. When I retired, DARPA contacted me and I had more Secure years.

The problem that I finally found an understandable solution for was asked in 2014 by a former colleague.

Control of information flow has become part of me!

Hello @JohnArcher,

Thanks for using PTC Community!

I believe you might already know this. But, just sharing these links which may come handy:

1. Sending Secure Data to PTC. when you open a Technical Support case. 
  2. Attaching Data to your Community Post | PTC 

For sending secure data, while opening a support case, you could first select this option shown below and follow the instructions - 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

Thanks for your reply. I had totally forgotten about this procedure. 

I tend to get very focussed on design problems; I am 88 and probably too old to change! 

When we install Mathcad Prime 10 we also get some Adobe files, and I was

surprised to discover the PDF "Save as" or "Print to" processes were not standardized for colors or colours.

I was sure that I was doing something wrong with Mathcad Prime and spent way too much

time hunting for my errors. My first Mathcad was on a 5.25 inch floppy disk!

Finally settled on CutePDF as is did not mess with plotted line styles.

Top Tags