cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Please help to solve 3D PDE(thermal conduction) in cylinderical coordinate!(what solver? FEM?)

YJ_south_korea
5-Regular Member

Please help to solve 3D PDE(thermal conduction) in cylinderical coordinate!(what solver? FEM?)

Hello! I'm Y.J. Kim. mathCAD prime 10 user.

I'm trying to solve a 3D thermal conduction equation in cylinderical coordinate.

Does the mathCAD provide 3D PDE solver? Plus, can I get a provided manual how to use it easily?

Can I also notice what specific solver  is used in PDE solver?

Lastly, I'm wondering how you guys solve 3D PDE by mathCAD.

Does anybody solve the equation by FEM with their own script for it?

I wonder if it provides so that I could start my work either from mathCAD or python.

I always appreciate you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

What you need is a product like PTC-Creo that both creates 3D models but is capable with Ansys to undertake thermal analysis of the model.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

What you need is a product like PTC-Creo that both creates 3D models but is capable with Ansys to undertake thermal analysis of the model.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Hi @YJ_south_korea,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina

Community Moderator

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags