cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Polar plot using Excel component

MySchizoBuddy
1-Newbie

Polar plot using Excel component

Any one has an example of polar plot using excel component.

Or a way for the result of a function be exported to an excel sheet for plotting in excel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try attached.

Regards. Alvaro.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I have used a polar plot as a pie diagram in Mathcad-sheet.

See http://twtmas.mpei.ac.ru/mas/worksheets/Basa_Water.mcd

What version of Mathcad and Excel are you using?

Mike

Attached is an example of an Embedded Excel component within M15. This might not work in previous versions.

You could also write data directly to Excel and produce the graph in a separate sheet. I prefer to have the component embedded in the Mathcad worksheet.

Mike

Try attached.

Regards. Alvaro.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AlvaroDíaz)

Nice example. Your Excel Polar plot only seems to work to display when the component is active though.

Mike

the excel chart only works when you double click on it.

the excel chart only works when you double click on it.

I have shown many times how to pass data to an Embedded Excel component. Have you got Excel?

Mike

excel 2007 and M14

excel 2007 and M14

Well, embedded Excel components will work, but there are compatibility issue's with M14 and Excel 2007. If you are reading / writing files between these you will need to save the Excel files to 2003 format.

This was due to M14 being released or developed before Excel 2007.

Mike

I have access to mathcad 15 as well.

Btw what are you saving in excel?

I just want to replace my mathcad polar plot with that of excel. So i first need to create a dummy polar chart in excel. Is that what i will be saving in excel 2003 format.

I'm confused

I just want to replace my mathcad polar plot with that of excel. So i first need to create a dummy polar chart in excel. Is that what i will be saving in excel 2003 format.

If that's the case, just forget about saving Excel to any format. What you need is to Insert an Excel component into your Mathcad sheet and pass data to it. Two examples of this have been posted by myself and Alvaro.My example shows a pie chart and Alvaro shows a fantastic example of a polar plot.

Hope this clears it up.

Mike

btw is there a way to export the results of the function as an csv file.

Alvaro sheet works when you double click on it. I'm going to try Mathcad 15 with Excel 2007.

Thanks for the help guys

I use windows 98, mathcad 11 and office 2002. If there are some compatibility issue, maybe it could be fixed editing something in the excel with double clikc, and saving the changes. So your particular version for os - office - mathcad can be stored in the file.

Regards. Alvaro.

Top Tags