cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Prime 8 error

BS_11071583
3-Visitor

Prime 8 error

Hello,

I don't know why, but mathcad prime 8 don't open the attached file. "The file type is not supported. ..." If someone could help restore the file, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Bence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okey thanks, i just put the percent sign after the calculation result, and it worked for a while😅

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BS_11071583)

Doesn't open in MathCAD Prime 9. either.

Can you share the log file and share more information about the language in which the Mathcad Prime worksheet was created? 

Do we know for sure what steps lead to not opening the worksheet for the first time? 

Regards,

Dhiraj

Yes ofc, the worksheet was created in hungarian language.

Two matchad worksheet were open, and i closed the all mathcad. Then i didn't open this file, but i can open the other. 

Thanks

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The file contains an (apparently) illegal 'apply' structure.

See if the attached file helps.

Success!
Luc

Thank you very much my maaan!!!😎

You save my thesis!!!😍

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The correction I made involves this result (on page 15):

LucMeekes_0-1715289588078.png

AND subsequent results of similar expressions.

You may want to have a look at what was changed.

Good luck with your thesis.

Success!

Luc

Ohh so the percentage sign was the problem. I tried to use it as a unit of measurement, but I will avoid it in the future. Thanks your help again. Have a good night!

Bence

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Hi Bence,

I've tried to recreate the problem, no luck so far.

The 'legal' way for a relative/unitless result in percents is to use:

LucMeekes_0-1715330541298.png

on the calculation result. It doesn't produce the illegal 'apply' construct that you managed to create.

How did you get the percent sign to be used 'as a unit of measurement' in those expressions?

Luc

Okey thanks, i just put the percent sign after the calculation result, and it worked for a while😅

Hi,

to prevent future problems I suggest you to save daily work into separate file, for example Részletes_2024-05-10.mcdx

Martin Hanák

Hi, thanks!

Hi @BS_11071583,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags