cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem to draw 2D graphs in ptc mathcad

AngericoEric
4-Participant

Problem to draw 2D graphs in ptc mathcad

Hello friends, I have to calculate a beam on elastic basis by the finite element method for my master thesis, I do not understand why there is an error for plotting the graph.I attached the file.Really need help because the deadline for submitting the thesis is Friday, May 28

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've missed one square brackets , now it worked thank you Luc.

God bless you!

Angerico Eric

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AngericoEric)

Each value of M(x) for a value of x that you are trying to plot is a 1-element vector. You cannot plot that way.

If you extract that element, it should work. The simple remedy should be: append

[ORIGIN

to the M(x) in the plot, this 'll take the first (and only) element of the M(x) vector.

But a better way is to prevent getting vectors as results for M(x). I see that v(x) also produces arrays. Haven't tracked back further.

Success!
Luc

Thank you Luc for you response,i'm new to mathcad prime and i don't understand clearly that you've said but if you can give an example, i hope that will understand.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

See attachment.

Success!
Luc

I've tried Luc but i've always  get this error message in the plot:"plot failure replace complex values ​​and NaN inputs with real numbers"

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The error messages with Mathcad have always left something to be desired. Prime is no exception to that.

Anyway, I now see the source of the vectors. You've type square brackets  '[' and ']' where you didn't want to create a vector or matrix. Example:

LucMeekes_1-1621237927704.png

In all of those places there's a real square bracket and it creates a vector or matrix.

You should NEVER type a square bracket unless you want to create a vector or matrix. Change those square brackets to round brackets '(' and ')', and you'll see the square brackets disappear from the symbolic result. Note that Prime will display them as square brackets when it feels like, but they remain round brackets (they'll change back to round when needed.)

Success!
Luc

Y've changed all square brackets to round brackets Luc but i've got the same error in the plot and i don't know what is the problem now

I've missed one square brackets , now it worked thank you Luc.

God bless you!

Angerico Eric

Hi,

Enclosed is an analysis called "winkler springs FEA" that gets a moment distribution.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags