cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Saving State of ListBox

entec2
5-Regular Member

Saving State of ListBox

I'm wanting to save the selection in my list box when the file is saved, closed and reopened. The attached example file populates from the MS Excel file also attached. I've used these listbox controls in my MathCAD files for years and have always reset values when reopening files or set values manually. I'm noticing some discussions in the usage group that would indicate that it is possible to edit the script and have the listbox setting save it's selection when the file is saved and closed. I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:entec2)

The script in the listbox needs to be changed. See the new versions of the worksheets here: Saving the state of controls.zip

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

See: Saving the state of controls.zip

If you use controls you might also be insterested in Extra Components.mcd

entec2
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

In reviewing these listbox examples, they are populating from script strings can the script be edited to allow population from an input table?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Look in the "Extra Components" worksheet. Look for "dynamically filled listboxes".

entec2
5-Regular Member

Now how do we save the settings in the dynamically filled listboxes when saving and exiting a MathCAD file? I've attempted to add the saveData( ) command to my file. I've revised and added imputs to my listbox - no success. Can you help clarify this procedure?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The script in the listbox needs to be changed. See the new versions of the worksheets here: Saving the state of controls.zip

entec2
5-Regular Member

Thanks, this is something I've been working around in my work sheets for several years.

Top Tags