cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Solve Block Problem

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant

Solve Block Problem

Hi, All --

Any ideas as to why I am getting a "variable undefined" error in this solve block? I am sure I'm smissing something simple....thanks in advance.

File is MC14 saved to MC11.

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MoeSzyslak)

The only error message you ever get from a solve block (in versions 12 or later) is "Variable Undefined". Except by coincidence, it has nothing to do with the actual problem. If you copy and paste the expression outside the solve block, select the entire expression and hit "=" to evaluate it you will get a useful error message. Your function ro returns values with units of m, so you need to multiply x<0> by the correct length unit.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MoeSzyslak)

The only error message you ever get from a solve block (in versions 12 or later) is "Variable Undefined". Except by coincidence, it has nothing to do with the actual problem. If you copy and paste the expression outside the solve block, select the entire expression and hit "=" to evaluate it you will get a useful error message. Your function ro returns values with units of m, so you need to multiply x<0> by the correct length unit.

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

Well played, sir. Will played, indeed.

Top Tags