cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

These units are not compatible

JK_11081130
3-Visitor

These units are not compatible

I tried to find a solution this but so far no results. This works in Smath as is, but now I'm trying to transform all my formulas to new software, Mathcad does not seem to like how it is calculated.

Can you tell me what I should do to make it work?

JK_11081130_0-1716204199132.png

lamda2*L2 can be calculated separatedly, but not within the formula..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your definition of lambda.2 in Prime has the wrong units!

It should be milliohm/meter but you defined it as millimeter * ohm / meter

miiliohm is not predefined in Prime. So you may write 10^-3 ohm.

If you need it more often in your sheet, it may be a good idea to add the definition of that unit by typing

Werner_E_0-1716208470618.png

You can hide that definition at the top of the sheet either to the right of the first page margin or in a collapsed region.
For consistency the left hand side of the definition should be labelled as "unit" (so its typeface is turned bold blue).

You get the Omega (looks better than writing "ohm") by typing a capital W and immediately follow it by pressing Ctrl-G (for "Greek").

For future questions please always attach your worksheet as well and as you are using Prime its necessary to state which version you are using.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:JK_11081130)

You need L:=value and unit.

Thanks you spotted a mistake, it should be L2 also. I was so blind! But unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

In the brackets you need the same units to be added together

Can you please elaborate, I don't quite understand..

JK_11081130_0-1716206532713.png

This is how it looks like in Smath

Your definition of lambda.2 in Prime has the wrong units!

It should be milliohm/meter but you defined it as millimeter * ohm / meter

miiliohm is not predefined in Prime. So you may write 10^-3 ohm.

If you need it more often in your sheet, it may be a good idea to add the definition of that unit by typing

Werner_E_0-1716208470618.png

You can hide that definition at the top of the sheet either to the right of the first page margin or in a collapsed region.
For consistency the left hand side of the definition should be labelled as "unit" (so its typeface is turned bold blue).

You get the Omega (looks better than writing "ohm") by typing a capital W and immediately follow it by pressing Ctrl-G (for "Greek").

For future questions please always attach your worksheet as well and as you are using Prime its necessary to state which version you are using.

Thank you very much! Any idea how to fix the results being :

JK_11081130_0-1716267698052.png

I now attached the worksheet. The results should be in volts.. The resulting amount is correct, just not units..

Actually never mind I did not expect I could just pick the V from the units menu.. I think all is resolved now!

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:JK_11081130)

image.pngimage.png

Yes, the units are correct, but unusual and you always can change the units in numeric results by overwriting them with the desired unit(s) ()no need to use the menu, simply highlight all units and type V) and Prime will care for the rest.

The reason why you get this undesired result is because you have chosen to set "Base units". Uncheck this option and you will get Volt by default 😉

Werner_E_2-1716286980801.png

Top Tags