cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unit labels won't apply in MathCAD Prime 5 and 6

Robert-B
5-Regular Member

Unit labels won't apply in MathCAD Prime 5 and 6

I'm trying to create a unit label (done this thousands of times over 25 years) with, for example:

Capture.PNG

where MathCAD recognizes pA as a picoampere unit, but not fA as femtoamperes.... (gotta fix that, PTC)

Prime threw in a label distinction in the math menu tab.  However, applying the unit label does absolutely nothing, and fA remains unrecognized as a unit.  This sometimes works, and sometimes not...

Anyone else have this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

When you define fA:=... you must clck on "fA" and change the label of fa from "Variable" to "Unit". You can see that it worked when "fA" turns blue (at least thats the default for unit but you can change that if you want). Worked every time I did it (though I seldom use Prime but rather stick with the much more capable Mathcad 15).

Werner_E_0-1583267187322.png

Screenshot from Prime 6

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

This is correct.  You can also click on the variable and type <Ctrl>-U (for Unit) and it will toggle the Label back and forth between Unit and Variable.

I rather like the Prime labels.  It keeps one from creating, say, an m x n matrix where m:=3 and n:=5 and accidentally overwriting the unit definition of m (meter).  This is a great feature in light of the fact that the little green "squiggle" underlines are not implemented in Prime when you try to overwrite and existing variable.

There are other labels as well and you can toggle through all of them with <Ctrl>-Q.   You can also set the formatting for each Label type globally, changing font, size, and style.

Top Tags