cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

comments on a plot Mathcad 15

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

comments on a plot Mathcad 15

I have been away a while and am having to remember/relearn things I use to do

I have a file where I put comments on a plot.  When I click on the comment I get a text box around the comment, worked well.  I just dragged and dropped a comment on a plot I created however I cannot get the text box when I click on the comment.....I am missing a step....what is it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joeboy
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

See my file. I am not using a mouse. If I simply move the white arrow over any of the text boxes and click the text box comes alive and I can edit it, click again and the changes "take".  Am I missing anything ?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Joeboy)

M15 2D Plot, I presume?

Have you tried right-clicking on the plot and sending it to the back?

Stuart

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

I am answering my own question.  If you drag and drop a comment inside a plot without clicking on the plot you can click on the comment and get a box around the comment, you can edit the comment inside the plot, you can move the comment on the plot.   If you click on the plot after you have dragged the comment inside you can't access the comment.  Most of you probably knew this, I had forgotten it.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You can select the plot AND the text box together, then press the Ctrl-button and click with your mouse somewhere on the plot on a spot where you're certain that the text box isn't.That way you unselect the plot, and leave the text box selected. Now you can move it away from the plot, edit it, and move it back.

You can also select the plot alone, and 'send it to the back' (there's a right-mouse pop-up menu for it). After you've done that, click on the text box to have it selected for edit.

Success!
Luc

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

do i have to use a mouse for this to work, I'm not at present

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

How can I bring up "send to back" consistently without a mouse ?

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

I find that if I simply go onto a plot and click the text box I can edit the contents of the box.  No need to bring up "send it to the back"

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It's easier with a (two button) mouse, but failing that, you bring up the right-button mouse menu with Shift F10...

Success!

Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

@LucMeekes wrote:

It's easier with a (two button) mouse, but failing that, you bring up the right-button mouse menu with Shift F10...

Success!

Luc

Success for me, Luc, ignoring my multi-button mouse, trackpad, and trackpad hard buttons, and just navigating around in M15 with cursor keys.

Stuart

Mathcad 15.0 (M045 [MC15_M045_20151202])

It will be a shame when my trial period ends.  I've quite enjoyed having some of the old functionality at my fingertips again.  I'd forgotten most of it!

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

I am using one of the smaller tablets.  I have two mouse? buttons at the bottom of the keyboard.  I can bring up what I think is the right mouse menu by clicking on the right button at the bottom.  It has "send to back" and "bring to front".  If I click "bring to front" the text boxes disappear, "send to back" and text boxes are back.  I don't believe I have ever had to use "shift".  

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

@Joeboy wrote:

I am using one of the smaller tablets.  I have two mouse? buttons at the bottom of the keyboard.  I can bring up what I think is the right mouse menu by clicking on the right button at the bottom.  It has "send to back" and "bring to front".  If I click "bring to front" the text boxes disappear, "send to back" and text boxes are back.  I don't believe I have ever had to use "shift".  

It's normal for such buttons to be configured as standard left/right mouse buttons in Windows.  So, your right mouse button should be pulling up the Mathcad (right-click) context menu.

Stuart

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

See my file. I am not using a mouse. If I simply move the white arrow over any of the text boxes and click the text box comes alive and I can edit it, click again and the changes "take".  Am I missing anything ?

Top Tags