cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

copy and paste excel spread sheet cells

jdesai-2
11-Garnet

copy and paste excel spread sheet cells

How do you copy and paste cells from an excel spreadsheet in Prime? I would like the cells to be editable

3 REPLIES 3

Not sure I understand your question.

If you insert an EXCEL document (in Prime), you can insert input expressions at the top that will put the values of Mathcad variables into the sheet and insert output expressions along the bottom to extract values from EXCEL and assign them to variables in Mathcad.

If you double-click the object in Mathcad, the sheet opens as "object" in EXCEL, and you can do whatever EXCEL will let you do:  cut, paste, format, etc.

Thanks Fred.

I highlighted a group of cells in excel, copied and pasted them into Prime, and it put "red paperclips" across all the cells at the top. I don't need the whole document, just a few cells to form a table, so I don't know if I should use the insert command or not

Jim

When you copy and paste from EXCEL to Prime, Prime creates a "table,"  the "red paper clips" are a request for a variable name.  (Underneath the variable name is a place for units.

Top Tags