cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Re: Unable to Create database in Thing: PTC.Factory.C_LaunchPointConfigurationThing_9.1.0_02

GerardAlonso
5-Regular Member

Re: Unable to Create database in Thing: PTC.Factory.C_LaunchPointConfigurationThing_9.1.0_02

As per this thread - same issue 

Hi @slangley and @newieKek 

I'm trying to do the same and I'm stuck at the same point with the same error, can someone clarify me the solution?

Do I need to create a different database manually? Or just need to use a user with rights for creating a new database?

Please let me know if you need more clarifications on my end to help me. 

Regards,

Gerard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:GerardAlonso)

Hi @GerardAlonso.

I haven't yet completed my review of the documentation, but I proceeded to test the installation procedures and have determined what is needed to clarify the instructions.

I'm sure you know that the FSU Apps which includes AMU requires that Mfg Apps be installed first.  In the post installation steps for Mfg Apps, there is a script to CreateTables. Before running this script, you need to create a new db instance in SQL Server (PostgreSQL is not supported) which will be used for Mfg Apps and FSU Apps.

To start, you can refer to the "Post Import Database Configurations" in the Mfg Apps Help Center. Step 2 in that section requires these additional steps:

1. Create a new MSSQL database (PostgreSQL is not supported) with collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

2. Set “Is Read Committed Snapshot On” to true

3. In PTC.SCA.SCO.MSSQLDatabase thing under Configuration, set the JDBC Settings to indicate the database created in step 1:  JDBC Connection String, Database User Name, and Database Password

I'm only partially through my installation and configuration, but I have so far not run into any issues.  However, I am documenting anything that is unclear and will be submitting it to the proper team for update.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ga_10035640.

I was able to obtain a document that may help to answer your questions.  I have not yet had time to review it, but will be doing so in the next few days, so please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GerardAlonso.

I haven't yet completed my review of the documentation, but I proceeded to test the installation procedures and have determined what is needed to clarify the instructions.

I'm sure you know that the FSU Apps which includes AMU requires that Mfg Apps be installed first.  In the post installation steps for Mfg Apps, there is a script to CreateTables. Before running this script, you need to create a new db instance in SQL Server (PostgreSQL is not supported) which will be used for Mfg Apps and FSU Apps.

To start, you can refer to the "Post Import Database Configurations" in the Mfg Apps Help Center. Step 2 in that section requires these additional steps:

1. Create a new MSSQL database (PostgreSQL is not supported) with collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

2. Set “Is Read Committed Snapshot On” to true

3. In PTC.SCA.SCO.MSSQLDatabase thing under Configuration, set the JDBC Settings to indicate the database created in step 1:  JDBC Connection String, Database User Name, and Database Password

I'm only partially through my installation and configuration, but I have so far not run into any issues.  However, I am documenting anything that is unclear and will be submitting it to the proper team for update.

Regards.

--Sharon

GerardAlonso
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Thank you for your clarifications, I’ve been able to install RTPPM now

Regards

Gerard

Top Tags