cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Unable to execute "CreateTables" service from PTC.SCA.SCO.DatabaseManager thing in Manufacturing App

RajatBain
9-Granite

Unable to execute "CreateTables" service from PTC.SCA.SCO.DatabaseManager thing in Manufacturing App

I have imported Manufacturing App in Twx8.5.1 and followed all the instructions from Thingworx Help Center.  But while performing Post Import Database Configurations, I am unable to execute "CreateTables" service from PTC.SCA.SCO.DatabaseManager thing. I am getting following error

Error executing service CreateTables. Message :: An error has occurred. Contact your administrator for further details. - See Script Error Log for more details.

Note: I have set my database using MSSQL and it is connected. I don't know what I am missing. Please help...

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @RajatBain ,

Have you updated the DBConnection configuration in PTC.Factory.C_LaunchPointConfigurationThing_[ReleaseVersion] thing to your PTC.SCA.SCO.MSSQLDatabase.

Capture.PNG

Please share the screenshot of configuration tab of PTC.SCA.SCO.MSSQLDatabase thing as well.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hi @hchanana ,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes,I have updated the DBConnection in PTC.Factory.C_LaunchPointConfigurationThing_8.5.1_01 thing to my PTC.SCA.SCO.MSSQLDatabase. 

Snap1.png

Also my PTC.SCA.SCO.MSSQLDatabase is configured correctly and it is connected to my SQL DB.

Snap2.png

I don't know what I am missing here. But when I am  updating the DBConnection in PTC.Factory.C_LaunchPointConfigurationThing_8.5.1_01 thing to my PTC.SCA.SCO.PostgresDatabase, my application is working properly. 

So, now I know that the issue with my MSSQL BD connection, just cant figure it out.

Thanks,

Rajat Bain

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:RajatBain)

Hi @RajatBain.

What output did you receive when you ran the service?

Regards.

--Sharon

MM_9639390
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley ,

I am getting the same error trying to execute the "CreateTables" service from PTC.SCA.SCO.DatabaseManager. We're getting the error discussed in this support article, and everything seems correct up to this last step.

When I try to execute the service, I get the message " Error executing service CreateTables. Message :: An error has occurred. Contact your administrator for further details. - See Script Error Log for more details." and I see the same message when I look in logs (Monitoring->ApplicationLog)

Thanks!

Matt

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:MM_9639390)

Hi @MM_9639390.

It's possible that the tables have already been created.  I'll have to reach out to the TWX Apps support team to determine how to verify.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @MM_9639390.

I found an article on this.  Please review and let us know the outcome.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

For the sake of others in the community, while working with @MM_9639390, we found that the database thing (PTC.SCA.SCO.PostgresDatabase or PTC.SCA.SCO.MSSQLDatabase) did not reflect the correct connection information in the jdbc string.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags