cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Centering commands

Ertan_Akbayir
9-Granite

Centering commands

EA_10295611_0-1655380383938.png

Nx has centering options with two faces of fixing and two faces of centering(moving) faces. So it is very simple to center a body between two other body

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ertan,
Nice for the users of NX if this function exists there. ‌But many roads lead to Rome. 😁
Maybe you don't need the pictures 1-3 because you've already arrived there. But maybe this will help another user.
Pic1 When you start positioning the red wheel, dynamism is the default.
Pic2 Go to "2 points" and choose the center of the front as the start for the movement. ( Shift + Ctrl )
Pic3 Select the center of the hole of the target part.

FriedhelmK_0-1667660912412.png

Pic4 that's what it looks like.
Pic5 now switch to dynamic and choose the right side of the wheel as the start.
Pic6 Select the Polestar arrow and drag the wheel to the other side of the fork.

FriedhelmK_1-1667660949031.png

Attention now. You see a movement of 6, but that could also be 5.6789 and the wheel is supposed to move by half of that value.
Pic7 If you move now the cursor, the measured value changes again, which it shouldn't.
Now the trick.   Right-click where you are to interrupt the current command sequence.
Pic8 now go to the input field "Rel.Length" and type /2    Divided by 2.     Modeling can calculate.
As I said, there could be 5.6789 instead of 6.
Pic9 Done, the wheel is in the middle.

FriedhelmK_2-1667660986537.png

Hope this helps as a workaround and if you like it mark it as solved so it can help others too.
Have a nice day

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello Ertan,
Nice for the users of NX if this function exists there. ‌But many roads lead to Rome. 😁
Maybe you don't need the pictures 1-3 because you've already arrived there. But maybe this will help another user.
Pic1 When you start positioning the red wheel, dynamism is the default.
Pic2 Go to "2 points" and choose the center of the front as the start for the movement. ( Shift + Ctrl )
Pic3 Select the center of the hole of the target part.

FriedhelmK_0-1667660912412.png

Pic4 that's what it looks like.
Pic5 now switch to dynamic and choose the right side of the wheel as the start.
Pic6 Select the Polestar arrow and drag the wheel to the other side of the fork.

FriedhelmK_1-1667660949031.png

Attention now. You see a movement of 6, but that could also be 5.6789 and the wheel is supposed to move by half of that value.
Pic7 If you move now the cursor, the measured value changes again, which it shouldn't.
Now the trick.   Right-click where you are to interrupt the current command sequence.
Pic8 now go to the input field "Rel.Length" and type /2    Divided by 2.     Modeling can calculate.
As I said, there could be 5.6789 instead of 6.
Pic9 Done, the wheel is in the middle.

FriedhelmK_2-1667660986537.png

Hope this helps as a workaround and if you like it mark it as solved so it can help others too.
Have a nice day

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags