cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Change color / some other identifier for Archived Posts

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Change color / some other identifier for Archived Posts

I recently did a search on "Color ObJ".

There were some good results,

Not sure why some of the post are archived (unless it was from different forum structure and wasn't ported over to the new structure). But if it is archived, should there be a color change or other identifier that the post has been archived?

This post had been archived.

Dale_Rosema_0-1718725431130.png

Thanks,

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hi @Dale_Rosema

That post is not archived but locked, meaning it is still on the public board and accessible to the community, but new replies are not allowed. This was routinely done in the past, but for the past few years we no longer lock posts. You can tell a post is locked from the little padlock icon in the corner. Also, if you ever want to respond to one of these older posts you can ask us to unlock it with the notify moderator button.

AndrewK_0-1718727447846.png

I should probably clarify some confusing terminology here.

Locked, as mentioned above, means new replies are blocked but the topic is in the same place and still visible to the community.

Archived, on the other hand, means the topic has been removed from the public board and it should no longer appear in search results.

And to confuse things even more 😀 archived means something different on the idea boards. On idea boards "Archived" is a status similar to "Acknowledged" or "Delivered". It is still visible to the community and searchable.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hi @Dale_Rosema

That post is not archived but locked, meaning it is still on the public board and accessible to the community, but new replies are not allowed. This was routinely done in the past, but for the past few years we no longer lock posts. You can tell a post is locked from the little padlock icon in the corner. Also, if you ever want to respond to one of these older posts you can ask us to unlock it with the notify moderator button.

AndrewK_0-1718727447846.png

I should probably clarify some confusing terminology here.

Locked, as mentioned above, means new replies are blocked but the topic is in the same place and still visible to the community.

Archived, on the other hand, means the topic has been removed from the public board and it should no longer appear in search results.

And to confuse things even more 😀 archived means something different on the idea boards. On idea boards "Archived" is a status similar to "Acknowledged" or "Delivered". It is still visible to the community and searchable.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:AndrewK)

Thanks for the "clarification"  🙂

I think I saw the verbiage at the bottom of the post and my brain stuck on archived.

Top Tags