cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Community login session during maintenance

EdvinTailwind
12-Amethyst

Community login session during maintenance

Occasionally, there are some maintenance is done to the PTC Community and login is temporarily locked and only reading existing posts is possible. This is of course perfectly fine.

Recently I started noticing that new posts and replies started to pop up, despite I was still being unable to login. I thought it was some kind of glitch, and today when this happened, I tried a "remedy" by clearing all the cookies etc for comunity.ptc.com and yay it worked! Login was instantly available!

It seems like the "you're locked out" session is stored too long some how and doesn't check if the maintenance is actually finished?

Using: Google Chrome,  version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10

I have my login details saved in the browser because you know why. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:EdvinTailwind)

Thanks for the feedback. What kind of message were you seeing when you were unable to log in? Did it specifically mention maintenance?

I'll take a screenshot the next time and post it here.

Now it happened again, and here's the chain of events. Time is 21.40 CET (Stockholm). I've been away the whole evening, not sure when this first occurred.

First I go to "my" main page where I directly go to the Login-page in the upper right corner:

EdvinTailwind_0-1673383319361.png

I then end up on this slightly ancient-looking login page, which has my details pre-filled, but it also says they're invalid (without me even trying):

EdvinTailwind_1-1673383429359.png

If I try to login from there, I end up here:

EdvinTailwind_2-1673383479751.png

To fix this, and to be able to post this message, I had to clear the cookies for ptc.com. Now I can access the regular login page.

I just realized you maybe wanted a copy of the cookies before I cleared them, but I unfortunately forgot that. Sorry. 🙂 🍪

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:EdvinTailwind)

Thanks for the screenshots. I'll let the appropriate people know what you're experiencing. 

Top Tags