cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can't change language in Creo Parametric 7.0

richard_kraemer
3-Visitor

Can't change language in Creo Parametric 7.0

Hi, i can't seem to change the language in Creo Parametric 7.0 from english to german.

I've already tried adding the "ENV=PRO_LANG=german" line in the parametric.psf even with german language selected during installation.
I've also changed the system language with a clean install but without any results.

12 REPLIES 12

@richard_kraemer wrote:

Hi, i can't seem to change the language in Creo Parametric 7.0 from english to german.

I've already tried adding the "ENV=PRO_LANG=german" line in the parametric.psf even with german language selected during installation.
I've also changed the system language with a clean install but without any results.

Hi,

check whether your Creo installation contains directories named german, for example C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\text\german.

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak wrote:

@richard_kraemer wrote:

Hi,

check whether your Creo installation contains directories named german, for example C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\text\german.

Hey,

I've checked and my directory contains german folders.

@richard_kraemer wrote:

@MartinHanak wrote:

@richard_kraemer wrote:

Hi,

Hey,

I've checked and my directory contains german folders.

Hi,

please upload parametric.psf file located in your installation. I will check its contents.

Note: Put the file into zip-file and upload zip-file.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

next tip...

Check the contents of config.pro file(s). Following options turn localization off.

dialog_translation no
help_translation no
msg_translation no
menu_translation no

Martin Hanák

Hey,

Where can I find the config.pro files?

The parametric.psf is attached.

@richard_kraemer wrote:

Hey,

Where can I find the config.pro files?

The parametric.psf is attached.

Hi,

it seems to me that parametric.psf is OK.

config.pro locations are mentioned at then end of https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_five_sub%2FAbout_Configuration_Files.html%23 document (section How Creo Parametric Reads Configuration Files at Startup).

Martin Hanák

Hi,

All options are turned off ("no").

@richard_kraemer wrote:

Hi,

All options are turned off ("no").

Hi,

set them to yes and try to start Creo.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I can't seem to change the value. I'll attach the file.

@richard_kraemer wrote:

Hi,

I can't seem to change the value. I'll attach the file.

Hi,

you sent me config.cdb file. You need to find config.pro file.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I have to apologize, I've looked and can't find the correct file.

Hi,

I give up. I do not have no other idea.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags