cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 2.0 Parametric Running Slow

dtaylor-5
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Parametric Running Slow

Im a student who is using creo 2.0, I've used it on the school computers without problems just a little slow when doing complicated things, I have it installed on my desktop [windows 8] and have no problems but I have just come to install it on my new laptop and it is running really really slow. When i go to highlight the model or sketch + anything apart from looking through the menus its very slow and almost crashes. My laptop has a Nvidia GTX 960m, i7 processor, ssd, 16gb of ram on windows 10, and should run it without a problem. I have made sure my graphics card is being used rather than the integrated one but no luck, I have also got all the latest graphics drivers. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

unfortunately I do not have any other idea. Please remove graphics  win32_gdi option form your config.pro file.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I am moving this to the academic community to in order to get you the most help David.

If you are not using a student version, please reply and I will move it back to the main Creo community.

Best,

Toby

Ah Thank You for your help, Im not sure if it is the student version or not as I was given the license keys from the school, how would I go about checking?

Hi,

what will happen, when you add following option at the end of config.pro file temporarily ?

graphics  win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you for suggestion but how would I go about doing this

Hi,

in Windows Explorer go to Creo2_LOADPOIN\Creo 2.0\Common Files\Mxxx\text directory. Locate config.pro file in this directory, open it in Wordpad and add the following line at the end of the file (on new line).

MH

Martin Hanák

I try and save it but it will not let me save it in the location it says access denied even though I am the only user of the laptop with the only account which is the administrator one.

Hi,

you can also create config.pro file in your HOME directory, this means C:\Users\YourUserName and put following option into it.

graphics  win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi sorry its been ages, work has been mad, I have just tried this but it does not seem to work 😕

Hi,

unfortunately I do not have any other idea. Please remove graphics  win32_gdi option form your config.pro file.

MH

Martin Hanák

HI there thank you for your suggestions, I uninstalled all the creo files and reinstalled them and now the problem has fixed itself  had previously tried this but it seems to have worked this time.

Many Thanks, David

David,

Martin Hanak‌ is one of our most knowledgeable members; I recommend Following him for his tips and tricks.

Thanks for checking in Martin.

Best,

Toby

Top Tags