cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 2 M050 config.pro issue (constant appending of 11 !)

JohnCampbell
2-Guest

Creo 2 M050 config.pro issue (constant appending of 11 !)

Anybody see this. Everytime I add a new option to a user config.pro (this is after initial launch of Creo 2.0 M050) it will save the option but appends it with 11 ! points. See below... If I add multiple options within the same session of Creo 2.0 it will only add 11 ! once time. As soon as I exit and restart Creo 2.0 and add a new config.pro option it appends it again with 11 ! Does anyone have suggestions on this.

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

summary_help no

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!Creo 2 Mapkeys

!

!Views for Parts and Asms

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What I finally figured out was having a standalone ! between mapkeys caused this issue. I eliminated all standalone ! and even all comments from the user config.pro file. Another, issue popped up with having standalone ! between mapkeys. Had several users who were modifying their user interface which also can make changes to the user config.pro and upon saving the config.pro file this wiped out every single mapkey from their user config.pro file. I also tried replacing a standalone ! with !comment and this fixed the problem as well. But to be safe, I just wiped out all comments. Also, had PTC rep use my file in M070 and the issues did not show up there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Never seen that in M040. Then again, I tend to add things manually to the config.pro file.

When I have saved from the dialog, I get no comment lines at all even if I added mapkeys.

That is really weird. I've never come across this before and could not find any known issues internally. You could try upgrading to M070 now that its the current version on the academic download page.

What I finally figured out was having a standalone ! between mapkeys caused this issue. I eliminated all standalone ! and even all comments from the user config.pro file. Another, issue popped up with having standalone ! between mapkeys. Had several users who were modifying their user interface which also can make changes to the user config.pro and upon saving the config.pro file this wiped out every single mapkey from their user config.pro file. I also tried replacing a standalone ! with !comment and this fixed the problem as well. But to be safe, I just wiped out all comments. Also, had PTC rep use my file in M070 and the issues did not show up there.

Nice. We've asked before how to add a comment in the config.pro file. Now we know

Glad you got it resolved... and thank you for sharing the solution with us.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Antonius Dirriwachter

Did you test this? Is this how you add comment lines in Mapkeys?

I am just seeing if this was verified before I go and mess things up (though I usually save a backup before making changes).

Thanks, Dale

I have not needed it so I couldn't tell you, Dale.

Top Tags