cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo File version mismatching installed Student Edition

KS_10410271
3-Visitor

Creo File version mismatching installed Student Edition

Hello,

I have been having problems with my Creo 9 (Student Edition) installation.

When I try to open the Surface Finish Gallery or the Hatching Configurator I keep getting the warning that the corresponding file "was created with a commercial version of Creo Parametric and is not compatible with the Creo Parametric Student Edition (for educational use only) you are running." after which the program shuts down completely.
I am sure this problem extends beyond the mentioned configuration files.

A re-installation of Creo did not fix this (neither did a second one).

There has not been any other version of Creo installed on my computer, nor have I uses any other license apart from the Student license I am currently using.
Is there a way to fix this problem?
Is it even wise to use the most recent version of Creo or are previous versions generally more stable?

Thanks in advance for any input.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Sadly these files that used to be in a neutral format got changed and your student edition can't open commercial files.

Simple solution is to simply run setup.exe again and choose reconfigure existing software. Use this product code: 

BE900908EDSTUDENTEDK12

and finish the reconfiguration process. This should fix this issue.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Alex_Cazacu 

please can you verify reported problem ?

Martin Hanák

image.png

Hi,

please be patient. I hope Alex will respond soon.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

Sadly these files that used to be in a neutral format got changed and your student edition can't open commercial files.

Simple solution is to simply run setup.exe again and choose reconfigure existing software. Use this product code: 

BE900908EDSTUDENTEDK12

and finish the reconfiguration process. This should fix this issue.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello,

the problem seems to be resolved as far as I can see.

Thanks, Konrad

Announcements
Top Tags