cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Custom Widget Category?

pburgwardt
1-Newbie

Custom Widget Category?

If I am making a custom widget, how do I add a custom Category (so when you click the Category dropdown, I could have my own category)?  It's straight forward in the widget IDE code, but how do I physically create the category in the ThingWorx IDE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul, it looks like the categories are hard-coded and custom categories are not possible at the moment. While you can tag a widget to multiple existing categories, new ones cannot be added. I've added an enhancement/ improvement request for the same. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I asked the same question directly to support, and still ( after 2 months) I'm waiting for the answer... Let's see if somewhere here has the answer.

Paul, what version of the platform are you using? I've created a JIRA ticket with the devs regarding this. I'll be able to provide more information once I hear back from them.

Thank you so much!

I'm using 6.0 right now.

Paul, it looks like the categories are hard-coded and custom categories are not possible at the moment. While you can tag a widget to multiple existing categories, new ones cannot be added. I've added an enhancement/ improvement request for the same. Thanks!

Top Tags