cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Exploded View Settings

dzulkiewski
1-Newbie

Exploded View Settings

I just created an exploded view of a car with 4 wheels and when I clicked on the exploded view icon everything shifted to the left. I was hoping the wheels and rims would explode outwards away from the car.

How do I change the settings for exploded views?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can edit the position of parts in your saved exploded view.

1. Model ribbon > Model Display group > Manage views.
  2. In the dialog, select the Explode tab and, in the list, select the exploded view you want to change then click the Edit button. From the drop-down menu, select Edit position..
  3. Select a part or sub assembly and you will see dragger arrows which you use to re-position it.
  4. When you have finished re-positioning all the parts click the green tick/check button in the ribbon and close the dialog.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can edit the position of parts in your saved exploded view.

1. Model ribbon > Model Display group > Manage views.
  2. In the dialog, select the Explode tab and, in the list, select the exploded view you want to change then click the Edit button. From the drop-down menu, select Edit position..
  3. Select a part or sub assembly and you will see dragger arrows which you use to re-position it.
  4. When you have finished re-positioning all the parts click the green tick/check button in the ribbon and close the dialog.

Thanks

Top Tags