cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Hi, I need help knowing what the Creo 2.0 computer requirements are.

ptc-5254347
1-Newbie

Hi, I need help knowing what the Creo 2.0 computer requirements are.

Hey, Im a teacher at a highschool that has installed Creo 2.0 on computers with 2 gigs of RAM and a 32 bit Intel celeron, and pentium (pentium is a 4 cpu at 3.06GHz, and the celero is a 1 cpu at 2.8GHz)

What are the reccomended computer requirements to run creo smoothly? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

You can expect more response to your question if you put it the Creo area of this forum.

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo?view=discussions

P.S.: Better do with less "shouting" (check your font size).

Not sure but maybe it was intended to gather the opinions and recommendations of some real world expert users rather than of relying on the official information from PTC.

Many schools purchase low spec computers for all subjects which causes problems when trying to run 3D modelling sofware. RAM and graphics cards are the two key components when running 3D modelling software.

When learning Creo the models that younger students create are fairly simple and 1GB RAM copes reasonably well in this situation. As students develop expertise they will soon create more complex models that require more RAM. If you are able to spec new computers request a minimum of 8GB.

PTC Creo like many other 3D modellers uses OpenGL to drive the display so look for graphics cards that support OpenGL 4.1 or higher. Also make sure the latest drivers for the card are downloaded from the card manufacturer's web site and installed.

Do everything you can to avoid computers without a separate graphics card. These use 'on-board' memory and generic Windows graphics drivers. They sometimes work but often cause problems with corrupted display, lack of pre-highlighting, frozen menus, etc and cannot easily be updated.

I hope this helps.

I knew Tim would have a great response

The only thing I would suggest is to maintain the latest video drivers from the computer manufacturer rather than the graphics card manufacturer. At least, in the case of Dell, I found this to be the case with the Quadro card.

Also remember that windows 7 or XP requires the Professional version rather than the home version. I am not sure if this is a recommendation or a strict requirement. Use of Windows 8 does not differentiate this requirement.

Top Tags