cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How can i obtain an Thingworx instance please?

cpena
1-Newbie

How can i obtain an Thingworx instance please?

Good morning,

I'm an student and i'm new with this environment, i wanna learn about Thingworx but i dont know what should i do to obtain an access or an instance to start, can someone help me please?

thank you and have a good day,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vmihai
1-Newbie
(To:cpena)

Hi Cristian,

You obtain an instance when you follow any of the application Quick Start kits from this page.

After you pick one of the Application Quick Start kits you will be brought to the developer portal. Click on Go to App Tutorials and  you will see the popup below

Once the instance is ready you will receive a link that will send you to the applications page. Here choose once again the application that you want to follow and click start. Here you will be able to access your automatically generated ThingWorx instance.

You can use this instance to develop the tutorials from the academic program as well. Nevertheless note that the content on this instance will be available only for a month, after which the instance will be automatically deleted and you will need to register again to receive access to a new ThingWorx instance.

If your university is registered in the academic program you can receive unlimited access to a hosted ThingWorx instance. In what University are you enrolled ? I can check to see if it is and if so I can give you access on that instance.

Thank you,

Veronica

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
vmihai
1-Newbie

Hi Cristian,

Please register on the developer zone at this url ThingWorx Developer Zone | ThingWorx  to receive access to a ThingWorx instance and follow the proposed tutorials.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thank you,

Veronica

Hi Veronica,

I am using the instance and i have created the things and services but the problem is I am not able to post the values to the thing using Rest . Can you tell me How can i do this??

Its showing POST Response Status:: 401

url: "http://ge2-4507.cloud.thingworx.com/Thingworx/Things/TempAndHumidity/Services/setTempAnHumid?method=post&x-thingworxsession=true&Temp=5"

I think here authentication is the problem , I am using my credentials which i got on Thingworx registration ...

Please help me asap..

Hi,

Please, use an appKey with your rest call instead of username and password.  I believe that this should fix the problem.

Let me know if you are experiencing any other issues.

Veronica

cpena
1-Newbie
(To:vmihai)

Hi Veronica,

I'm registered but i didn't obtain that, can you help me please telling me if the instance was created or how can i request that?

thanks a lot,

vmihai
1-Newbie

Hi Cristian,

You obtain an instance when you follow any of the application Quick Start kits from this page.

After you pick one of the Application Quick Start kits you will be brought to the developer portal. Click on Go to App Tutorials and  you will see the popup below

Once the instance is ready you will receive a link that will send you to the applications page. Here choose once again the application that you want to follow and click start. Here you will be able to access your automatically generated ThingWorx instance.

You can use this instance to develop the tutorials from the academic program as well. Nevertheless note that the content on this instance will be available only for a month, after which the instance will be automatically deleted and you will need to register again to receive access to a new ThingWorx instance.

If your university is registered in the academic program you can receive unlimited access to a hosted ThingWorx instance. In what University are you enrolled ? I can check to see if it is and if so I can give you access on that instance.

Thank you,

Veronica

cpena
1-Newbie

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for the information, i'm enrolled at Instituto Tecnologico Metropolitano ITM located on Medellin, can you check that please?

thanks a lot,

vmihai
1-Newbie

Hi Cristian,

I have checked and your university has not registered for  PTC IoT Academic program. You can ask a professor of yours to apply for it by following this url, he will then be able to give you access on it and you will also receive access to the eLearning Libraries which you can use as a step by step ThingWorx training.

Thank you for your interest in our program,

Veronica

cpena
1-Newbie

Hi Veronica,

Thank you so much for your help, i'm so grateful, i got the instance,

have a good week,

vmihai
1-Newbie

Hi Cristian,

I am glad to hear that. Have fun working with ThingWorx and don't hesitate to post questions on the community forum or to send us an email at iot-academicsupport@ptc.com if you are in need of assistance.

Thank you,

Have a good week !

Veronica

Top Tags