cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How do I enable extensions in Student Premium

SteveMusante
5-Regular Member

How do I enable extensions in Student Premium

I just installed Creo 10 Student Premium. The support.inf file doesn’t list the Reverse Engineering module so I need to enable it. Unlike the commercial license there is no selection for Licensing in the File>Options menu for this. Have not found any help in the support forum. 
Seems like a job for a license configuration tool but there is no guidance for Student Premium. 
any ideas?

 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

  • Reverse_Engineering module has code number 209
  • number 209 does not appear in your license file

This means you cannot use Reverse_Engineering module.

 

INFO:

Look at https://www.ptc.com/en/store/creo/student/creo-university-student-premium page. After clicking Key Features tab, the contents of the package is displayed. Reverse_Engineering module is not present.

 

Note:

It seems to me that https://www.studica.com/images/uploaded/Resources/PTC/Creo10_Education_Editions_Comparation_Chart.pdf content is not up to date.


Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

I think https://www.ptc.com/en/store/creo/student/creo-university-student-premium does not contain REX (Reverse Engineering Extension).

You can ask PTC ... enter your request on http://support.ptc.com/appserver/support/academic_case_logger/academic_case_logger.jsp page


Martin Hanák
SteveMusante
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin

 

FYI - Creo 10 Student Premium does include REX, and a few other goodies as well.

https://www.studica.com/images/uploaded/Resources/PTC/Creo10_Education_Editions_Comparation_Chart.pdf

SM_4162971_0-1705506248782.png

Sorry for the partner link but I could not find it on PTC.

 

Part of the problem is that all of the available help refers to floating license configuration in the options menu, whereas the educational versions use a node-locked license. Selecting the Floating Licenses menu in the Options dialog just results in a "There are no floating licenses available" message.

 

I will use the support link you suggested.

 

Thanks for the reply.

 

Steve


@SteveMusante wrote:

Hi Martin

 

FYI - Creo 10 Student Premium does include REX, and a few other goodies as well.

https://www.studica.com/images/uploaded/Resources/PTC/Creo10_Education_Editions_Comparation_Chart.pdf

SM_4162971_0-1705506248782.png

Sorry for the partner link but I could not find it on PTC.

 

Part of the problem is that all of the available help refers to floating license configuration in the options menu, whereas the educational versions use a node-locked license. Selecting the Floating Licenses menu in the Options dialog just results in a "There are no floating licenses available" message.

 

I will use the support link you suggested.

 

Thanks for the reply.

 

Steve


Hi,

Please open your license file in Notepad. It must contain list of items ... something like this:

#**************************************** Summary Table *******************************************************
#                       PTC Host ID 00-50-56-91-FC-F1
#FeatureName            Qty        Product                            Release   Type    Expiration     Contract
#**************************************************************************************************************
#346                      1     Intelligent Fastener Extension           
#209                      1     Reverse Engineering (Restyle)            
#379                      1     Creo Simulation Live                     
#93                       1     VERIFY                                   
#PROE_EssentialsM         1     Creo Essentials                          
#MATHCAD                  1     Mathcad Subscription                     
#MATHCADSDK               1     Mathcad Prime SDK                        
#MECELITEENG_License      1     Creo Simulation Elite ENG                
#MECELITEUI_License       1     Creo Simulation Elite UI                 
#MathcadPrime             1     Mathcad Subscription                     
#MathcadPrimeSDK          1     Mathcad Prime SDK                        
#CREOSCHEM_Lite           1     Creo Schematics Lite                     

If all items are locked then parametric.psf file must contain line like this to have REX license available:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_EssentialsM (209)

Try modifying parametric.psf file this way.


Martin Hanák

Hi,

node-locked installation is explained in video available on https://www.ptc.com/en/support/creo-landing/creo-landing-main/install-locked-creo/install-creo8-9-locked?overlay=e8f97113-c985-4f1f-a3f2-3bf1d801c83a page. You have to login to PTC to access it. Information important for you is displayed at 2:15.


Martin Hanák
SteveMusante
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

 

Here is the result I get when doing the install options:

SM_4162971_0-1705595468969.png

 

It looks like I either don't really have a premium license or the node locked instructions in the video do not apply to the academic versions.

My license file looks nothing like yours, either.  Different beast, I guess.

No where in the program or the license can I find the word premium, so that may be the problem.

I used the support link and opened a ticket yesterday so I will wait for an answer on that.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to help.

 

Steve

 


@SteveMusante wrote:

Hi Martin,

 

Here is the result I get when doing the install options:

SM_4162971_0-1705595468969.png

 

It looks like I either don't really have a premium license or the node locked instructions in the video do not apply to the academic versions.

My license file looks nothing like yours, either.  Different beast, I guess.

No where in the program or the license can I find the word premium, so that may be the problem.

I used the support link and opened a ticket yesterday so I will wait for an answer on that.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to help.

 

Steve

 


Hi,

you can open license file in Notepad and find all lines starting with INCREMENT string.

I guess that your file contains only one line ... INCREMENT CREOPMA_StudentP6

Inside INCREMENT "block" you can see LO=(list of numbers). These numbers are explained in <Creo10_LOADPOINT\Creo 10.0.x.0\Common Files\text\licensing\license.res file.


Martin Hanák
SteveMusante
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

 

I have been able to get PTC to confirm that I do have the premium version, but that's the extent of their help for now.

As far as how to activate and use the extensions - crickets.

The student Premium edition seems to have little or no support knowledgebase.

Bottom line - still no solution.

I will try to give weekly updates to this saga. At the end of one month I will simply request a refund.

Thanks for sticking in there with me.

 

 

 


@SteveMusante wrote:

Hi Martin,

 

I have been able to get PTC to confirm that I do have the premium version, but that's the extent of their help for now.

As far as how to activate and use the extensions - crickets.

The student Premium edition seems to have little or no support knowledgebase.

Bottom line - still no solution.

I will try to give weekly updates to this saga. At the end of one month I will simply request a refund.

Thanks for sticking in there with me.

 

 

 


Hi,

you can:

  • make a copy of your license file
  • open this copy in Notepad
  • delete all lines except those beginning with the word INCREMENT
  • save the file
  • upload the file

You can also publish the line containing LO=( string.

 

I can investigate the above mentioned information.


Martin Hanák
SteveMusante
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Here is the file.


@SteveMusante wrote:
Here is the file.


Hi,

try it once again ...


Martin Hanák
SteveMusante
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

 

Hi,

  • Reverse_Engineering module has code number 209
  • number 209 does not appear in your license file

This means you cannot use Reverse_Engineering module.

 

INFO:

Look at https://www.ptc.com/en/store/creo/student/creo-university-student-premium page. After clicking Key Features tab, the contents of the package is displayed. Reverse_Engineering module is not present.

 

Note:

It seems to me that https://www.studica.com/images/uploaded/Resources/PTC/Creo10_Education_Editions_Comparation_Chart.pdf content is not up to date.


Martin Hanák
Top Tags