cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I can´t get creo parametric 1.0 Schools edition to run

ptc-4443832
1-Newbie

I can´t get creo parametric 1.0 Schools edition to run

I have installed creo 1.0 schools edition on my windows 7 64-bit computer. My problem is that I can´t get the PTC webpage to disappear, when creo 1.0 starts. It looks as if creo starts, but the ptc webpage bloks the view. If I try to close the page at the X button, everything gets frozen. Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

John

3 REPLIES 3

Hi John,

The problem you are having is with your graphics driver. Try updating your graphics driver and see if that takes care of your issue.

If you are using an internal Intel graphics card, then you may need to run on emulated graphics instead of the graphics card. To do this, you will need to add "graphics win32_gdi" to your config.pro file by doing the following:

1. Use Windows Explorer to go to C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M020\text

2. Open the file named config.pro with WordPad

3. Add a new line at the top that says "graphics win 32_gdi"

4. Save the file and restart Creo

This should take care of your issue!

Curtis. I have this same issue. When I try to sabe the file named config.pro it says Access Denied!

You will need to have admin privileges in order to make changes to your config.pro file.

You can open up permissions by right-clicking on the Common Files folder (C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0) and selecting Properties. You can then go to the Security tab and Edit permissions for Users to Allow Full Control.

Hope this helps!

Top Tags