cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Latest ThingWorx Foundation Server and Academic Edge Connector

jamesso
10-Marble

Latest ThingWorx Foundation Server and Academic Edge Connector

I posted some replies to an older thread but I wanted to start a new thread just to call attention to this problem.

I used the PTC University foundations course to complete Project 1 -- a simulated Mars Rover.

I used the export feature in the version deployed to:

ptcu-thingworx83-fundamentals.portal.ptc.io

and my rover thing, my simple mashup and even my app key were imported to the local copy of the Foundation server that I deployed to Windows Server 2012R2. 

I had to create a new app key since the server is different -- at least I think that was necessary.

From the browser I can interact with the local mashup successfully.

When I try the academic edge connector (either the true Windows exe version or the Java version), I can not connect. I have the right port, using the correct thing name, and app key in the configuration panel but I see an error:

[CONFIG]: -> Error malformed URL, check "Server URL" and "Thing Name" Fields. Try adding http:// or https:// to the start of Server URL

I tried to use localhost as the name, as well as 127.0.0.1 and the IP address I see when I run ipconfig.

I even modified the tomcat config to allow external connections and created a hosts file entry on an external machine to have a name that looks like a real URL and ran the academic edge connector from that machine on my network and I get the same error. I am able to use a browser to connect to the Composer URL successfully from that machine.

When I use the Academic simulator I see the error in the attached image.

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
jamesso
10-Marble
(To:jamesso)

I did a little more following of some links in the original thread on this subject and came upon a Mac version of the executable as a .dmg download.

When I Installed that on my Mac it worked! I was using an IP address of the Server 2012R2 that was running ThingWorx Foundation server.

The windows executable however, running on the server, still fails to connect.

Attaching an image of the successful connection.

Top Tags