cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mission Planning sheet

ptc-4249921
1-Newbie

Mission Planning sheet

Has the mission planning sheet come out for the challenge for the 2013-2014 school year? I checked on the Getting Started Page and do not see it. Will it be a different one from what was used last year? The reason I ask is that I noted the camera footprint sheet takes about tall trees and there are no tall trees in Iowa....at least not on the corn field.

6 REPLIES 6

Ann,

There is no standalone Mission Planning Document. Instead, refer to section X. Mission Flight Planning Guidlines in the Detailed Background Document (see http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/158191/en/FY14_RWDC_State_Aviation_Challenge_Detailed_Background_V1.pdf).

This topic was also covered in: http://communities.ptc.com/message/232031#232031

-Dr. Terwilliger

In the mathcad sheet( Objective Function Calculation V1 2014 sheet) they talk about the mission planning spread sheet and the ouputs that you get from it. Will help you calculate the objective function. The Objective Function worksheet also mention yield where do these numbers come from?

The information on crop yield comes from the analysis that Andy Shepherd discusses. He points you to a website for a tool to conduct the analysis

This still does not address what is being talked about when they talk about the mission planning spreadsheet and the outputs from it.

Ok, sorry for the confusion. I will have Andy address the details of this

Ann,

Don't worry about the mission planning spread sheet. That is a relic left over from last year. I updated the MATHCAD worksheet to reflect that.

Your job will be to decide how to conduct the mission based on the sensor of choice, flight alititude, number of UAV's etc. You will then be able to enter the numbers in the objective function based on your individual analysis

Top Tags