cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ProE Schools VERY slow and unuseable, help!

DanielFeltyberg
1-Newbie

ProE Schools VERY slow and unuseable, help!

Pro/Engineer Schools Eidition runs very slowly on my laptop, specificly datum highlighting which seems to take 10-15 seconds...

I have a Windows 7 Ulti 32 laptop with a Dual Core 2.0 GHz Processor and 2GB of ram.

I've installed ProE on less powerful system without an issue, and ideas? Maybe a regeneration issue of some sort?

Thank you for any help!

3 REPLIES 3

Because you mentioned a Laptop, what kind of graphic card is installed or on board? There are workstation class laptops that are beefed up in this area. Also, there are difference between CAD graphic boards and gaming graphics boards. One is for precision and the other is built for FPS. Try modifying the config.pro settings regarding "graphics" and see if that helps. I believe "win32_gdi" will push all processing to the CPU and off the graphics board.

I've got an ATI Radeon X1270 display adapter, its by not means the best.

As for GRAPHICS, i've tried all of the options, opengl, d3d, x_windows, and win32_gdi with no difference.

I know my laptop is not the top of the line, but i've run ProE on much older/less powerful machines with no problem, i feel like i'm missing something...

I've fixed the issue.

My graphic's card driver was outdated and thus OpenGl was not working as it should.

Thanks for the help!

Top Tags