cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

ProEngineer and Windows7

ptc-4838744
1-Newbie

ProEngineer and Windows7

Hello all,

I have a problem during instalation ProEngineer Wildfire 4 build m110 under windows7 professional 64bit service pack 1. When I started "setup" then program falls and error message is shown... something as a "program stop working correctly"...

Is it possible to repair it? Some hotfix for windows? Uninstal some win updates, or anything?

6 REPLIES 6

Check and make sure you aren't using the 32-bit release of Wildfire 4. Also, Creo 2 is currently available for FIRST teams. Is there a reason you aren't using the latest Creo 2 release?

"Check and make sure you aren't using the 32-bit release"

How can I do that? 🙂

Hi Petr,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.

Look at the name of the file of the WF4 software you were trying to install. Usually somwhere in the file name is either a 64 or a 32.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4838744)

Why Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0? You should upgrade to Creo 2.0 and you should have no problems with Windows 7. Take a trip over to http://www.ptc.com/company/community/first/teams.htm and register for a copy of Creo 2.0.

ptc-4838744
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Few days ago I was testing Creo 2 (student version), but my classmates, all using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0. We are working on the common project and for better compatibility I want to use the same version of software.

I agree with Scott,

If possible, see if you can get the rest of your class to upgrade to Creo 2. It probably will take extra time, but Wildfire 4 is fairly old software.

Top Tags