cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Problem isntalling creo elements student edition

ptc-4181020
1-Newbie

Problem isntalling creo elements student edition

I've just purchased and downloaded creo 5.0 student edition.

The downloaded file for win/64 was only 191MB. After unzipping and running install nothing happens!!! -no error codes, no student edition screen.

anyone have an idea (I'm running win7 64)

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Julian,

Sorry you are having this problem. Try downloading the entire installation DVD at http://apps.ptc.com/schools/Creo_ElementsPro_Student_DVD.zip. This image will support both 32 and 64bit.

This is a large download, approximately 3.6GB so unless you have a very fast connection, I would suggest you use a download manager such as Free Download Manager, this will allow you to stop and restart the download if necessary.

Regards,

Adam

Thanks alot!

I am downloading from the link now. I hope it works.

Best regards

Julian

I have downloaded the files from the link now...

I have tried running the setup file directly from the folder and also to mount it as an image on a virtual drive first. The only thing that happens is that it loads for a few seconds and then nothing!

Julian,

Have you unzipped (extracted) the file to a folder or are you trying to run the setup before unzipping? It must be extracted first, to a folder named "Creo_ElementsPro_Student_DVD". After extracting it, you can delete the zip file and work from the folder.

If this doesn't work, please email - so that we can get this taken care of.

Thanks,

Adam

Yes I have unzipped the package and named it "Creo_ElementsPro_Student_DVD". no luck!

-and no reply from - since the 2nd dec. 😞

Hi Julian,

What type of machine are you installing this on? What operating system and graphics?

Please provide the specifications of the machine so we can diagnose the issue further.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark

I’m using windows 7 professional 64bit service pack 1 on a PC.

Processor: intel core2 quad cpu q9300 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

Memory 8GB

Graphics: GeForce 260 GTX

Best

Julian

Hi Julian,

I would like to connect to your machine an take a look. Can you please send me your email address to -?

Thanks,

Mark

I have the same problem... On my laptop it is running without any problem 😞

Hi Jonas,

Can I connect to your machine?

Can you please send me your email address to -?

Thanks,

Mark

thanks for your support! Now I am using a new windows installation and everything is fine. I guess it was a problem with my OpenGL driver oder something simliar...

best regards

jonas

Top Tags