cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem uploading reference images to PTC Creo 2.0

ptc-6435734
1-Newbie

Problem uploading reference images to PTC Creo 2.0

Hello, I would like to know how to properlyy upload any images to creo.

I tried to upload the image attached to Creo but for some reason, it ALWAYS fails to load.

Is there some kind of restriction I am unaware of? Do I need to change the file format?

Thanks

Jason

8 REPLIES 8

To be more specific, my method of uploading is

View > Model Display > Images > Add

Then you will have to manually browse the computer to add the image in to the datum plane selected.

After clicking Add, the next step is selecting the datum plane you want the image to be placed on.

Once the datum plane is selected, then you browse to and select the jpg image.

Done, however the image still fails to load.

Are there any resolution restrictions the prevents me from loading the image properly?

It sounds like you may have a problem with your graphics drivers. Try the attached image which loads fine on my computer.

Side_elev_clip.PNG

If this doesn't work, submit a tech support ticket to sort out your graphics drivers.

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

Hi both. We had this issue with some of our student doing the same.

The problem was in the working directory.

Put images to be used into the working directory

then when selecting the image, pick on working directory in the column (on the left hand side).

when you open and reopen ( so long as you set the working directory) the images will open.

cheers

phil.

Interestingly Tim, although your image loads perfectly on my computer, the image that Jason is trying to use does not - despite the fact they are both jpegs - so could it be a problem with the image file?

Roy

Roy, you set me thinking whether this was the long filename.

I renamed Jason's image to IMAGE01.JPG but that didn't work.

What did work was opening Jason's file in Photoshop Elements and saving it as a png file.

So it seems the problem all along was with the original jpg flle.

Tim,

I've always found the .png (create/convert in Paint!) works as an insert rather than .jpg. Similarly, in drawing, a .pdf format always works as an insert. The issue might be around the operating system and computer settings.

Bob Booth

Top Tags