cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Problems Saving Creo Parts in Windchill

ptc-3524603
1-Newbie

Problems Saving Creo Parts in Windchill

We are relatively new to Windchill...we have some Creo part files that we would like to save in our Windchill project. We have downloaded the Workgroup Manager on to our Computer per the "Windchill Practical Guide." It appeared to install...yet after logging off and logging back on, the "Windchill" Menu item does not appear after opening Creo. Are we missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

James,

Have you connected your session of Creo to the Windchill server? You would do this as follows:

In Creo Elements/Pro 5.0: Click Tools> Server Manager and then in the Server Manager dialog box, click Server> Register New Server

In Creo Parametric 1.0: Click File> Manage Session> Server Manager

I hope this helps.

Adam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

James,

Have you connected your session of Creo to the Windchill server? You would do this as follows:

In Creo Elements/Pro 5.0: Click Tools> Server Manager and then in the Server Manager dialog box, click Server> Register New Server

In Creo Parametric 1.0: Click File> Manage Session> Server Manager

I hope this helps.

Adam

Thanks Adam...I was able to place some of our Creo Part files into Windchill. I'm discovering the difference between the Windchill "Workspace" and the Folders in our Project and their relation to part files.

Thanks again..

Jim

Top Tags