cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Running into issues opening the exported .xml doc in Matlab due to the doctype definition

CC_10580542
2-Guest

Running into issues opening the exported .xml doc in Matlab due to the doctype definition

Hello,

I am attempting to access Article - CS69429 (link: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS69429 ) but unfortunately can not. I called PTC Technical Support who referred me to this email instead. I believe the issue that is occurring is that since I am using an academic license, the PTC website says I do not an active subscription to CREO. I called the technical support phone number and spoke with a representative who told me to email academic.support@ptc.com but the email does not seem to exist.

My team is using CREO to test the harnessing & cabling tools. Our test case is currently very simple at only two harnesses with associated four connectors. We are attempting to export our design in the .xml format built in to CREO but are then trying to parse this information and store it in an .xlsx or .csv document that represents the information better. I am running into issues opening the exported .xml doc in Matlab due to the doctype definition and was hoping this article could help. The description seems to include everything I am trying to solve.

Please let me know if you can assist me in accessing this article or gaining the information from inside of it. Would it be possible for someone to send me a copy of the included information in this single article?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@CC_10580542 wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to access Article - CS69429 (link: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS69429 ) but unfortunately can not. I called PTC Technical Support who referred me to this email instead. I believe the issue that is occurring is that since I am using an academic license, the PTC website says I do not an active subscription to CREO. I called the technical support phone number and spoke with a representative who told me to email academic.support@ptc.com but the email does not seem to exist.

My team is using CREO to test the harnessing & cabling tools. Our test case is currently very simple at only two harnesses with associated four connectors. We are attempting to export our design in the .xml format built in to CREO but are then trying to parse this information and store it in an .xlsx or .csv document that represents the information better. I am running into issues opening the exported .xml doc in Matlab due to the doctype definition and was hoping this article could help. The description seems to include everything I am trying to solve.

Please let me know if you can assist me in accessing this article or gaining the information from inside of it. Would it be possible for someone to send me a copy of the included information in this single article?

Hi,

1.] correct email address is ... academicsupport@ptc.com

2.] CS69429 article contain following information:

• exported XML file is used to create a smooth interface/transition between PTC products such as Routed Systems Designer/Creo Schematics, Pro/CABLING and Pro/PIPING
  • importing/ translating/modifying XML file into a third party software is out of the scope of PTC Technical Support

Therefore it is up to you to cope with XML file contents.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello CC_10580542,

Thank you for using PTC community!

An educational/basic account holder will have access to basic areas on the site.

Education Account: This account will be used to download educational software, access the education program systems and PTC Communities
Basic Account: A Basic Account provides access to subscription-based email, such as the PTC Express newsletter, free trial downloads and easy registration for events and webcasts.

In either case, these type of accounts and its users will not have access to articles/to download enterprise edition software's etc. But you could surely post your questions on the PTC Community where you should get responses from other users who use the product.

Hope this clarifies.

Best Regards,

vnamboodheri

Hello,

The PTC community link you sent just takes me back to the same location I posted the above message. Did you mean to send a link to a different community site or is this the correct place? If this is it, I will continue waiting for others to answer but would love to post this question somewhere else if it is more likely to be answered. Thanks!

@CC_10580542 wrote:

Hello,

Hi,

1.] correct email address is ... academicsupport@ptc.com

2.] CS69429 article contain following information:

• exported XML file is used to create a smooth interface/transition between PTC products such as Routed Systems Designer/Creo Schematics, Pro/CABLING and Pro/PIPING
  • importing/ translating/modifying XML file into a third party software is out of the scope of PTC Technical Support

Therefore it is up to you to cope with XML file contents.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags