cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Student edition - License invalid file or format

leondorofeev
2-Guest

Student edition - License invalid file or format

Hello, 

I tried to install Creo 5 Student edition and I get a invalid file or format error. 

Attached is the output of ipconfig because I saw that some people have the same problem.

Thanks for your feedback, Leon

7 REPLIES 7

@leondorofeev wrote:

Hello, 

I tried to install Creo 5 Student edition and I get a invalid file or format error. 

Attached is the output of ipconfig because I saw that some people have the same problem.

Thanks for your feedback, Leon

Hi,

I can't see anything wrong in ip.txt file. Maybe removing home from Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix in network card settings will help.

Please upload licence file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

What Product code did you enter during installation ?

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

thanks for your fast reply!

removing the DNS suffix is not working 

I use license code BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5

License file is empty

Any more idea?

Thanks and bye, Léon

@leondorofeev wrote:

Hello Martin,

thanks for your fast reply!

removing the DNS suffix is not working 

I use license code BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5

License file is empty

Any more idea?

Thanks and bye, Léon

Hi,

tip no.1]

Move all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory "somewhere else"

Uninstall Creo 5.0

Install Creo 5.0 and use Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12

tip no.2]

Download Creo 6.0 installation media + unzip it

Move all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory "somewhere else"

Uninstall Creo 5.0

Install Creo 6.0 and use Product code BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

Install Creo 5.0 ... do not enter Product code ... in Source field enter path to Creo 6.0 license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory

tip no.3]

Email your request to academicsupport@ptc.com and to akarim@ptc.com (Abdulkarim, Abdul).

Explain them that you need BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5 license or BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI license for MAC address 50-E5-49-53-1A-B2

Martin Hanák

creo 6

I moved the program data file to somewhere else

and the i rentered the product code from the guide but it still shows invalid file or format

and i have not received mail 

@ND_9785545 wrote:

creo 6

I moved the program data file to somewhere else

and the i rentered the product code from the guide but it still shows invalid file or format

and i have not received mail 

Hi,

Email your request to academicsupport@ptc.com and to akarim@ptc.com (Abdulkarim, Abdul).

Explain them that you need license (enter Product code) for MAC address (enter your MAC address).

Martin Hanák

Possible solutions for "Invalid file or format" status under License Summary while installing Creo: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/creo-admin-troubleshooter/other-symptoms/invalid-file-format

Same problem here.. what should  i do?.. please tell me step by step procedure.. i dont have PTC  FILE  in C drive... please reply as soon as possible. 🙏🙏

Top Tags