If you are interested in learning about the Internet of Things (IoT) and PTC’s IoT Development platform, ThingWorx, and here are a few links that will help you get up to speed.
The PTC Academic Program has launched a new destination learning website for all things IoT featuring content from across the web and social media on the Internet of Things - http://www.iotportfolio.net/
In addition, the team has released a series of free online courses about the Internet of Things available worldwide through Udemy, an established provider of MOOCs. The following PTC IoT courses are hosted on Udemy and are now available:
Check out the ThingWorx Developer Zone to start using Thingworx. Simply register for an account and you will receive access to a 30-day hosted instance of ThingWorx Foundations or ThingWorx Analytics. Alternately you can also request a downloadable 120-day developer trial edition of ThingWorx Foundation and Utilities - http://developer.thingworx.com/
The ThingWorx Technology Platform is the only platform that enables innovators to rapidly develop and deploy smart, connected solutions for the Internet of Things. ThingWorx contains the most complete set of integrated IoT-specific development tools and capabilities making solution development simple, fast and more compelling.
- Connect – connect you “things” using ThingWorx connectivity.
- Analyze – ThingWorx analytics automates complex analytical processes for IoT data such as real-time anomaly detection at the edge, predictive analytics and simulations.
- Create – robust development tools enable both the skilled and novice IoT developers to quickly create solutions.
- Experience – Use augmented reality from Vuforia to create experiences that help end users better create, service and operate their “things”.
- Share - Collaborate with IoT developers around the world through the ThingWorx DevZone and Marketplace.
If your team is using or plans to use ThingWorx on your FIRST robot, please tell us about it and share it with the larger PTC FIRST community – here’s a discussion post to add to - https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/thread/137040