cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Unable to open copied object on Creo 7.0.2 Student edition

peanut_butter
3-Visitor

Unable to open copied object on Creo 7.0.2 Student edition

So a while ago I downloaded CREO 7.0.2 Student edition and finally get to messing around with CREO. My use case is mostly CREO Parametric to model/ practice CAD. When I try to create a new model CREO throws out an error saying "Unable to open copied object prt0001"

There were a few resolutions where it pointed to grant read & write permissions for the config.pro file. I did and still doesn't work.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:peanut_butter)

I don't have the student edition but I vaguely remembering seeing posts like this in the past.  I believe the problem has to do with the student edition not being able to open commercial edition files and the commercial edition not being able to open student edition files.  I'm pretty sure the default templates included with the student edition were actually created in the commercial edition and can't even be opened by the student edition.  If this is indeed the case, then you should still be able to create new 'empty' models but you won't be able to create anything from the default start parts/templates.

TomU_0-1631017347367.png

No, I am not trying to open a commercial file; but merely trying open the default template. I also tried downloading and installing CREO 8 student edition and the issue seems to have been carried over. CREO 8.0.0 can't open the default template either. 

Top Tags