cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Wildfire 4.0 Student won't run after installation

SteveWatts
1-Newbie

Wildfire 4.0 Student won't run after installation

Hello,

My Wildfire 4.0 Student version was running fine before reformatting my hard drive. However, after reinstalling 4.0 on clean drive, it will not start. The Windows hour-glass briefly appears after trying to start the program and then nothing. I'm running XP Professional & the drive is NTFS format. Also, after reading posts here about modifying the config.pro file to check for possible graphics problems, I have discovered that I have no config.pro file. In fact the only file that is in my root installation directory (besides additional directory folders) is proobj.ini. If memory serves me, this is where the config.pro file should be as well as some other files. I have also tried turning the Hardware Acceleration off & running with 256 colors with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Steve

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Steve,

I am sorry you are having issues.

Lets try the following:

1) can you update the graphics driver for your graphics card. then try to start the application.

2) If that does not work we can add the option to use emulated graphics

Open the following file c:\program files\proengineer student edition\text\config.pro

Add the following line to the end of the text file and save the file.

graphics WIN32_GDI

Once added and saved....restart the application.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

mark

Hi, Mark. Thanks for the response, but for some reason there is no config.pro file installed anywhere on my computer. The only config file in the root text folder is config.cdb. I reinstalled again & still no config.pro.

Steve

Hi Steve,

OK....lets try this.

create a new text file on your desktop, call it....config.pro.

Make sure it is not config.pro.txt.

You might need to show file extension from the folder Options dialog.

Once you create it open it in notepad or an editor and add

graphics win32_gdi

Save the file and copy it to c:\program files\proengineer student edition\text\

then start the application.

ok, tried that but still the same thing...hour-glass for a second then nothing.

can I connect to your machine and take a look?

Can you pleae install Teamviewer from www.teamviewer.com?

Once you have it installed, please send me at - the teamviewer ID and password.

Thanks,

Mark

KMR
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mfischer)

I'm helping my daughter trying to install CREO 4.0 Parametric for her classes, I'm having the same problem.  It appears the driver we have is supported.  I've updated Config.pro to include last statement.  Help!

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:KMR)

Hi,

see my response in https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Questions/PTC-Creo-4-0-not-working-on-some-student-laptops/m-p/485927#M7898

AND next time ... please open new discussion, if you have a problem.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags