cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill for FIRST Robotics teams

JoshuaHouser
16-Pearl

Windchill for FIRST Robotics teams

Is PTC maintaining a Windchill instance for FIRST Robotics teams in the 2019 season?

If so, where is the registration page?

Thanks,

Josh

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

The server is still available, but I don't know the registration process. I can manually set a project for you.

In order to do so, please send me a private message with your team number and the project manager for Windchill.

Thanks,
Alex

Thank you for the feedback Alex.

It does not sound like Windchill for FIRST teams is officially supported. I would hate to have my team's data stored on a server with no defined support. Is there still a team supporting the FIRST Windchill server? Any support mechanisms in place for problems?

Thank you,

Josh

Hi Josh,

As the Windchill server is set and administrated by PTC, there is no issue and I was never informed that is is no longer supported. I'll ask the team that is supporting all FIRST requests for more information. 

As we are in progress of lots of changes on our academic page, some links may have been lost (the link to register for Windchill server is now targeting Vuforia SDK), but we will get it back:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/college-and-university/students/first/software 

Thanks,
Alex

2020 kickoff happened. What is the status of PTC support for FIRST?

I have a team that wants to use Windchill with Solidworks.

Josh

Hello,

We can set the team with Windchill, but as it is a part of our sponsorship with Creo, the team will not be able to use it with Solidworks. Windchill can work with it, but on the academic server that we add the projects, the worker for Solidworks is not installed and it will not be, as we want to support with Windchill the teams that are using Creo to design their robots.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for the feedback.

That is a disappointment. I know that in the past, there was no problem with using Windchill for Solidworks data. It was nice having the ability to show off the capabilities of Creo Unite as well as Windchill to future and current engineers.

Josh

Hello,

Windchill is still available for any team, Creo Unite is still there, but the experience for students is different as they can't use Windchill directly from Solidworks.

So we can set the server project for the team, but they will not have the same experience s the students that are using Creo.

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags