cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

sheet metal and pro e

ItzikBenShabat
1-Newbie

sheet metal and pro e

Hi,

small question. i built a part in proe (creo elements pro ) now i know its going to be manufactured using bends. how can i flatten it?

is there a feature that does it?

thanks,

Itzik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are many ways of doing it.

Assuming you have made it in part solid mode...

Applications --> Sheetmetal

Convert the solid to sheetmetal part (It is necessary that your part has uniform thickness)

1. Flatten the part by using the "Flat Pattern" command (by clicking on the icon )
  2. By creating Un-bends (clicking on the icons)
  3. By creating a Flat State. This would give you a Flat Part for use in drawings. Any modifications done to the part would reflect in the Flat State of the part which is infact a family part of the generic sheet metal part.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Itzik,

if you started in sheetmetal mode in Pro/E, there will be an unbend icon on your right-hand tool bar.

If you started in part mode, you can change it to sheetmetal by going to "Applications" in the top of the toolbar and then selecting "sheetmetal". This will only work if the part is of uniform thickness.

Please post back if that doesn't help. If you started out in part mode, attache the file in your response and I or somebody else should be able to convert it or at least give you recommendations on how better to design it for sheetmetal.

thanks,

Ill try that.

There are many ways of doing it.

Assuming you have made it in part solid mode...

Applications --> Sheetmetal

Convert the solid to sheetmetal part (It is necessary that your part has uniform thickness)

1. Flatten the part by using the "Flat Pattern" command (by clicking on the icon )
  2. By creating Un-bends (clicking on the icons)
  3. By creating a Flat State. This would give you a Flat Part for use in drawings. Any modifications done to the part would reflect in the Flat State of the part which is infact a family part of the generic sheet metal part.
Top Tags