cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cannot log into PTC support

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Cannot log into PTC support

Can anyone else log into PTC's support site?

Yesterday one of my users couldn't log in.  I tried logging in today and I still couldn't.  I also had a third person try logging in today and they couldn't.

I came here to the community forum and logged in successfully.

When I went back to PTC's site I was logged in.

I cannot log in to PTC's site directly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello all,

(Hopefully) a last update from me on this thread to let you know the issue is now resolved. The underlying cause was a time sync issue between our servers and Microsoft time servers which our infrastructure team will investigate further.

A server reboot allowed all of the services to reset and pickup the correct time again, meaning the login cookies will no longer be seen as expired on issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience if you were one of the users impacted,

Peter.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:STEVEG)

What link did they use to sign in?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:VladimirN)

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:VladimirN)

I am also using MS Edge.  One of my users tried IE.

I haven't tried Chrome so I can try that.

Leigh
Community Manager

Hi SteveG

Thanks for making us aware of your issue.  I have reached out to the internal team to make them aware.  Can you share the error message you received in the meantime?

As a side note, I will be moving this thread to the eSupport Community Forum.

Thanks!

Leigh

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Leigh)

Hi Leigh,

Now both myself and my user can log in successfully.  Not sure what happened there.  Sorry about that.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I was just able to login directly to PTC support without being logged in to the communtiy on Chrome

Hi everyone, we've had several reports of this issue with the same symptoms – no error and bounced back to the log-in form. As it is impacting specific users and not others we've checked the user accounts we know of so far for anything obvious (duplicate accounts, unsupported characters, recent account updates) and found no common theme.

As we made some firmware updates on our network infrastructure last weekend, we're checking whether there's an issue on one particular node. Please keep us informed of any changes / new issues (but please don't share personally identifiable info) and we'll keep you informed of progress on our side.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I had the same issue both for Edge than Chrome.

No problem using Firefox.

Using Edge I got 404 error for days.

Now all works well

Marco

I'm glad it wasn't just us.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for keeping us updated on browsers affected etc.

A quick progress update from our side: We've found an incorrect header date being sent by one of our web server nodes. As the date is in the future (03-April-2022) and past the expiry date of the cookies used for log-in, the authentication is failing:

PeterCase_0-1638966909876.png

We're working to identify where this date (which remains static) is coming from, as the server's own date / time is correct.  

Best regards,

Peter

Hello all,

(Hopefully) a last update from me on this thread to let you know the issue is now resolved. The underlying cause was a time sync issue between our servers and Microsoft time servers which our infrastructure team will investigate further.

A server reboot allowed all of the services to reset and pickup the correct time again, meaning the login cookies will no longer be seen as expired on issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience if you were one of the users impacted,

Peter.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:PeterCase)

Thank you for the update.

Seems this problem may be happening again.

I just had two of my users try and they both can log in.

Thanks for checking Steve. Hopefully it's just an isolated issue. I was able to create a support case for PTC Support through the "Support assistant". https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

I was able to successfully log in using IE as well.

And like magic, it's working again for me!

Musta been a glitch in the matrix.

SM_10081957
5-Regular Member

Hello. I'm having issues in logging into PTC as well. I keep getting an error saying page can't be reach.

Thanks.

SM_10081957
5-Regular Member

Never mind its working now.

Top Tags